If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us at Join@JLSantaBarbara.
About the Junior League of Santa Barbara
The Junior League of Santa Barbara, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and to improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Santa Barbara (JLSB) reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
Our goal is to be a leading force in improving the lives of children, youth and families in the community.
Benefits of Membership:
- Training – Training for effective community leadership, including advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, leadership, public relations and personal development
- Connections – Working with other women to create positive community change
- Access – Meeting community and business leaders alongside new friends to share creative ideas
- Civic Leadership Development – Insight into community needs and strategies for solutions
- Education – Membership meetings with community leaders as well as educational and motivational speakers
- Fundraising – Participation in fundraisers and special events
- Community Impact – Awareness and opportunities to contribute to solutions for community needs
- Pursuit of Interests – Opportunity to engage with like-minded women and pursue common interests and personal fulfillment
- Flexibility of Membership – Ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues
Must be at least 21 years of age
To join JLSB, perspective members must:
- Complete and submit a New Member application (use the link at the top of this page)
- Pay members dues ($232 as of 2023)
- Attend New Member Orientation
Throughout the year, new member requirements include:
- Attend Orientation (1)
- Attend New Member Focus Area Training (1)
- Attend New Member Trainings (2)
- Attend Business Meeting (1)
- Work six (6) hours for Rummage
- Show interest in voluntarism with a commitment to community service and in developing your potential for voluntary community participation
If you have additional questions, please contact us at (805) 963-2704 or Join@JLSantaBarbara.org.
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.