The deadline for the 2021 Community Assistance Fund application has passed. Any questions regarding the application should be directed to Grants@JLSantaBarbara.org
This years recipients will be announced in May 2021.
In an effort to extend our League’s reach and to address our Community’s greatest needs, the Junior League of Santa Barbara has been awarding Community Assistance Funds for several years.
In partnering with local non-profits, the JLSB aims to make its vision to improve the lives of at-risk children, youth and families in Santa Barbara a reality.
The organizations who apply should have programs that fulfill the mission and vision statements of the Junior League and align with our focus area of: Improving the lives of at-risk young women by educating and empowering them to reach their full potential while working to prevent exploitation and injustice in our community.
- Children and Family Resource Services (Welcome Every Baby program) – $2,000
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Santa Barbara County (Sponsored Children campaign) – $1,500
- Family Care Network, Inc. (Celebration of Successes program that is part of the Transitional Age Youth Independent Living Program) – $2,000
- Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (Heath House Workforce Project) – $2,000
- Royal Family Kids of Santa Barbara (Mentoring Program Scholarship Fund) – $2,000
- Santa Barbara Public Library Foundation (Santa Barbara Public Library Delivers program) – $1,000
- Storyteller Childrens Center (Emergency Family Wellness program) – $1,500
$11,000 awarded to 5 agencies:
- Boys & Girls Club of Santa Barbara, Inc. – $1,000 (Power Hour Academic Assistance)
- Casa Serena – $3,000 (Family Immersion Program)
- Doctors Without Walls – SB Street Medicine – $1,000 (Women’s Free Homeless Clinic)
- Noah’s Anchorage – $3,000 (Youth Shelter Services)
- Santa Barbara Teen Legal Clinic – $3,000 (Restorative Justice Project)
$10,000 awarded to 3 agencies:
$10,000 awarded to 5 agencies:
- CADA – Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse
- Domestic Violence Solutions
- New Beginnings Counseling Center
- SEE International
- The Turner Foundation
$5,500 awarded to 4 agencies:
$9,000 awarded to 4 agencies:
- Santa Barbara Public Library Foundation’s
- Community Action Commission’s Goleta Head Start Program
- Domestic Violence Solutions’ Homework Blaster After School Program
- All for Animals-ARF! (Animals+Reading=FUN)
- Storyteller Children’s Library
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- People’s Self-Help Housing
- Carpinteria Education Foundation, Inc.
- Santa Barbara Police Activities League