The Junior League of Santa Barbara (JLSB) is pleased to announce that the application for the Community Assistance Funds is now OPEN! Each year JLSB awards up to $10,000 to local non-profits who apply.
View the application instructions and apply via Google Form.
The deadline for the Community Assistance Fund application is Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019. Any questions regarding the application should be directed to Raina Palta, JLSB Community Council Director, at Community.CD@
In an effort to extend our League’s reach and to address our Community’s greatest needs, the Junior League of Santa Barbara has been awarding Community Assistance Funds for several years.
In partnering with local non-profits, the JLSB aims to make its vision to improve the lives of at-risk children, youth and families in Santa Barbara a reality.
The organizations who apply should have programs that fulfill the mission and vision statements of the Junior League and align with our focus area of: Improving the lives of at-risk young women by educating and empowering them to reach their full potential while working to prevent exploitation and injustice in our community.
Our 2019 Application will be available in the beginning of the 2019 calendar year.
$10,000 awarded to 3 agencies:
$10,000 awarded to 5 agencies:
- CADA – Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse
- Domestic Violence Solutions
- New Beginnings Counseling Center
- SEE International
- The Turner Foundation
$5,500 awarded to 4 agencies:
$9,000 awarded to 4 agencies:
- Santa Barbara Public Library Foundation’s
- Community Action Commission’s Goleta Head Start Program
- Domestic Violence Solutions’ Homework Blaster After School Program
- All for Animals-ARF! (Animals+Reading=FUN)
- Storyteller Children’s Library
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- People’s Self-Help Housing
- Carpinteria Education Foundation, Inc.
- Santa Barbara Police Activities League